Tonight October 30th, UFC 267 is being held in Abu Dhabi with 14 fights listed on the fight card, including prelims and the main card.
Out of those 28 fighters competing tonight 10 of them come from Russia (36%), including 4 of them on the main card.
The next closest country in terms of fighters is Brazil with 6/28 (21%), while USA only has 2 athletes competing.
Russian fighters have been slowly making their way into the UFC, the world’s largest fighting organization, for the past few years now, but since 2018 Khabib Nurmagomedov accelerated the country’s entrance into the sport.
Khabib Nurmagomedov was the longest-reigning UFC Lightweight Champion, having held the title from April 2018 to March 2021.
UFC 267 Results – Russian Athletes
Out of 10 Russian fighters that competed tonight there were only 2 losses, and one of them was to a fellow Russian (Kopylov).
- WIN: Petr Yan (RUS) vs Cory Sandhagen
- WIN: Islam Makhachev (RUS) vs Dan Hooker
- WIN: Alexander Volkov (RUS) vs Marcin Tybura
- WIN: Khamzat Chimaev (RUS) vs Li Jingliang
- WIN: Magomed Ankalaev (RUS) vs Volkan Oezdemir
- WIN: Zubaira Tukhugov (RUS) vs Ricardo Ramos
- WIN: Albert Duraev (RUS) vs Roman Kopylov (RUS)
- LOSS: Shamil Gamzatov (RUS) vs Michal Oleksiejczuk
- WIN: Tagir Ulanbekov (RUS) vs Allan Nascimento
It seems as though now that the Russians have arrived they are here to stay.