Earlier today on Twitter the Coachella team announced that they will be selling limited edition NFT’s that will not only work as tickets, but also give buyers special access.
The NFT’s known as Coachella Collectibles are offered in 3 different collections with the most important being the Coachella Keys Collection which grants the buyer a lifetime pass to Coachella for themselves and a friend.
The Infinity Key as seen above is one of only 10 total key NFT’s and will undoubtedly be the most desired when bidding starts on Friday. Infinity Key benefits include:
- Lifetime Coachella Guest Festival Passes for two (2) people. Your choice of one (1) weekend per year. Guest passes entitle you to dedicated viewing areas at the Coachella, Outdoor, Sahara, Mojave, & Gobi stages, backstage compound access, guest golf cart transportation, and all VIP areas within the Festival grounds.
- Ability for two (2) people to view one (1) performance at the Coachella stage from the Front of House, a viewing area front and center with the best sound & views around.
- A meal in the Rose Garden for you and one (1) other guest cooked by a celebrity chef on the day of your choosing during your festival weekend.
- $500 in food & beverage vouchers each year.
- Private transportation service for up to four (4) people from Thursday – Monday of your festival weekend.
- This key grants access to Coachella produced virtual experiences in the future.
All 10 NFT’s in the key collection include a lifetime pass, as well as other varying privileges depending on the specific key.
Other than the keys you can also purchase a piece from this collection for the buy now price of $180 which will reward you 1 random rendition of 10 Coachella posters.
“Mint this NFT and randomly receive 1 of 10 digital renditions of an iconic Coachella poster from Emek. Each NFT can be redeemed once for a physical copy of Coachella | The Photographs: 1999-2019, an over 400-page coffee table worthy collection of iconic photography showcasing the festival’s fans, art, and artists.”NFT.Coachella.com
There are only 1,000 available units in this collection and they will likely sell out immediately.
This last collection has 10,000 NFT’s for sale going for $60 each. As it is very similar to the Desert Reflections collection you will receive your digital art, as well as a soundscape but instead of a coffee table book, you will receive a physical poster of the NFT you minted.
The collections drop this Friday, February 4th at 10amPT.
This is yet another recent example of how NFT’s are going to become mainstream in the near future, and it may be a template for other festivals to follow.